Hi and welcome to Ione Junior High’s Counseling Corner!
My name is Mrs. Khouri and I am the school counselor here at Ione Junior High School. As the school counselor, my goal is to help guide and support all students toward success both in school and in life. The primary role of a school counselor is to support teachers, parents, administrators, and students whenever there are personal, social, cultural, and educational conflicts or concerns. I am an advocate for our students, families, and the community. I can assist families in finding outside counseling and therapy services if a student needs more support than I am able to provide at school. My goal is to assist students with developing a positive self-image and self-confidence, instructing them on how to use positive decision-making skills, and helping them set realistic short- and long-term post-secondary goals. Some of the ways I am doing this is by meeting with students on an individual and/or group basis to work on important social skills. Students are also welcome to meet with me if they need a safe place to go or someone to talk to.
How can students request to meet with me?
– Students, please make sure you have my Google Classroom added for important resources! If you need the code to join, ask me or one of your teachers (it is posted in most classrooms).
– Students can fill out a request form to see the school counselor through my Google Classroom. Once in the Google Classroom, click on “Classwork” at the top of the page. Then, click on the Google Form titled “School Counselor Request Form for Students.” I will meet with students as soon as I can, based on the urgency of the situation.
– Teachers may send a student to come to see me for urgent concerns.
-I am usually available out on campus before school, during breaks, and after school.
-Students can also send me an email if they are unsure how else to connect with me. email@example.com
How can families connect with me?
– If you would like to refer your student for regular school counseling services (meeting individually with counselor 2-4 times per month), then please print, fill out, and turn in to the front office the referral form that is linked on this page.
– For any questions or concerns that you would like to discuss, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would be happy to answer any questions over email or set up a phone/video meeting with you.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out. I am here to support you and your students!